350NJ-Rockland is an inclusive, all-volunteer group with members of all ages, backgrounds, experience and talents. What binds us together is our desire to leave our region and the world a more safe, just and sustainable place for future generations.
- We educate the community and help drive the climate conversation in the media (through press coverage, letters to the Editors, Op-Eds, etc.) on issues like oil trains, the proposed Pilgrim and Pinelands pipelines through New Jersey, the Valley Lateral Pipeline in Orange County, NY, fracking waste, air pollution and environmental racism.
- We energize “OFF Fossil Fuels and ON to the Clean Energy Revolution” campaigns and divestment campaigns at the state and institutional levels.
- We mobilize groups to take action on local issues like resisting fossil fuel infrastructure in New Jersey and in New York State.
- We charter buses to national and regional climate events like the Peoples Climate March, BreakFree, and NoKXL rallies.
- We make phone calls, circulate petitions, write to local officials, and occasionally visit our elected officials to advance legislation that combats global warming and supports wind and solar power and energy conservation in the Garden and Empire States.
350NJ-Rockland stays connected via conference calls, meetings at local libraries or other venues, and sometimes in our homes for a pot luck meal.
A Steering Group of dedicated climate activists provides direction and leadership to our actions.
Our current officers and other Steering Group members:
President: Ted Glick (Bloomfield)
Vice President: Jordan Dale (Nanuet NY)
Treasurer: Dan Dank (River Vale)
Secretary: Jane Califf (Bloomfield)
Cath Kraft (Glen Rock)
Sam Feuss (Woodland Park)
Tina Weishaus (Highland Park)
Bill Haskins (South Orange)
Jerome Wagner (Concord NC)