Dear Friends of 350 Chicago
The year 2020 has been especially difficult for everyone. As an organization, 350 Chicago has experienced many challenges, but we have weathered the pandemic by adapting to these new conditions. We have become quite proficient at using Zoom to hold our monthly information meetings, partner with our allies, and continue our work fighting the climate crisis!
Despite this year’s hardships, we have persevered, and together we’ve been able to accomplish many things. Just this year, 350 Chicago has
- Advocated for clean energy via our membership in the Illinois Clean Jobs Coalition
- Partnered with the Sierra Club to organize a letter-writing campaign in support of the Clean Energy Jobs Act
- Continued our work with the Ready for 100 Collective to fight for clean energy in Chicago
- Met with City of Chicago officials including the city treasurer’s office to discuss fossil fuel divestment
- Developed a committee structure to further our work in research, outreach, education, fundraising, and communications
- Cohosted the #PowerUp series on better health and clean energy to educate Chicagoans on the myriad benefits of a clean energy transition
- Added four new board members
- Became a registered 501(c)(3) organization
While we are not conducting a traditional end-of-year fundraising campaign this year, we would appreciate any donations our friends and donors might provide to help us continue this work in the New Year.
President, Board of Directors
Fundraising Team Lead