We need volunteers to help further 350 Chicago’s objectives of having the City of Chicago divest from fossil fuels and to promote the transition to 100% clean energy.
Want to join us? Fill out our New Volunteer Survey to tell us a bit about yourself. We’ll then match you with volunteer opportunities within our chapter that best fit your interests and skills.
Low Level Commitments
- Attend actions
- Assist in tabling at events
- Share info with 350 Chicago members regarding climate change and activism surrounding the issue
- Publicize events
- Inform 350 Chicago about events or locations for us to table or educate groups about climate change
- Share ideas with 350 Chicago about mitigation strategies for our group to tackle on a local basis
- Attend Happy Hours to learn more about divestment
Mid Level Commitments
- Organize an action
- Attend regular 350 Chicago monthly meetings
- Organize a tabling event for 350 Chicago to collect signatures on postcards aimed at Chicago Aldermen
- Attend a meeting with an alderman
- Speak about 350 Chicago and climate change as requested
- Write blog posts for 350 Chicago website or Facebook page
- Host an educational movie night for recruitment and education purposes at a library, community center, public spare or home, showing films regarding climate change
High Level Commitments
- Lead recruitment.
- Lead coalition building with potential Environment and Social Justice organizations
- Plan meetings with aldermen.
- Plan engagements with other NGO’s such as film screenings, marches, actions et. al.
- Fund raising (think about methods to raise funds)
- Work on 501C3 status and/or developing a relationship with an outside NGO to sponsor fundraising “bank”
- Assist in strategizing with 350 Chicago membership to achieve goals in divestment campaign