“Do your little bit of good where you are;
it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.”
– Desmond Tutu
The main culprit of climate change is fossil fuels. Divesting from the fossil fuel industry takes away its social license to operate. And reinvesting those funds in renewable energy furthers progress toward a safer climate and a sustainable future.
Become part of the solution: join the growing number of individuals across 76 countries who have pulled their money out of oil, gas, and coal companies.
Start with the resources below and consult a qualified financial advisor.
“At last, divestment is hitting the fossil fuel industry where it hurts”
– 12/16/2018 Op-Ed Article by 350.org founder Bill McKibben re: trillions of dollars of investments are being taken out of carbon-intensive companies (The Guardian)
“Investment Funds Worth Trillions Are Dropping Fossil Fuel Stocks”
– Article re: ongoing increase in fossil fuel divestment by fund managers and investors (New York Times)
How to Divest/Invest
– In-depth divestment guides for organizations and individuals (DivestInvest)
Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment
– Financial advisor look-up, mutual fund / ETF performance charts, and more (USSIF)
Fossil Free Funds
– Search for mutual funds from your investment portfolio to see if they are fossil free (FossilFreeFunds.org)
Chicago 350’s Personal Divestment Presentation Series
Other Educational Presentations
(350 Chicago is not affiliated with the investment industry and cannot provide direct financial advice. Always research your investment options carefully and work with a qualified financial advisor.)