Join us on Zoom from 7:00–8:30pm on the evening of Tuesday, January 26 to hear from a panel of Rhode Island climate policy experts on what key climate bills are expected to be introduced at the State House this session. Presenters will include:
- Amy Moses, Director, Conservation Law Foundation RI
- Emma Bouton, Organizing Director, Renew New England
- Kai Salem, Policy Coordinator, Green Energy Consumers Alliance
We’ll learn about the policy and the politics of bills like these:
- Act on Climate 2021
- 100% Renewable Electricity Standard
- Rescue Rhode Island Act (Housing, Food, and Green Justice)
- Transportation Climate Initiative
- Energy Efficiency (Least Cost Procurement)
Zoom preregistration required:
Update 1/27/2021: here’s the video recording of this presentation.
Quick Links for Meeting Attendees
- Sign on in support of the Providence Climate Justice Plan (Providence addresses only)
- Stop Chase Bank events:• Unveiling of our
CHASE BANK = CLIMATE CRIMINALhighway overpass sign:
4:45–6:00pm, Wed. January 27, Smith St. & Park St., Providence (details & RSVP)• Car-Based Stop Chase Bank Protest:
11:30am–12:00pm, Mon. February 22, Wakefield
- CARI February Community Meeting
featuring Dr. Myles Lennon, Brown University, on “Aligning Community Solar with Antiracist Principles”
7:00–8:15pm, Wed. February 3, Zoom preregistration required
- Sign up for CARI’s Local Teams to mobilize for legislative action on climate at the state and local level.
Teams are: Greater Providence, Blackstone, East Bay, Newport County, and South County.
Sign up to receive more info on CARI teams
- CARI relies exclusively on supporters’ donations to fund our real-world and online activities.
Please make a monthly contribution of $5+, or a one-time donation of $20+, to help keep us going.
- Post-meeting survey form for attendees