MISSION AND VISION
We are a grassroots, non-partisan local affiliate of 350.org. We are building a local and global climate movement to transition from fossil fuels to clean energy and grow a local, healthy food system. Our vision is just and resilient communities in Ventura County.
We believe the carbon dioxide concentrations must be drawn down to 350 part per million as soon as possible. We work for social justice and inclusion, science and technology, incorporating the arts, multimedia, and the spiritual and moral framework for action. We seek solutions related to just and sustainable economic development, resilient communities engaged in solutions, regenerative agriculture, and carbon sequestration. We also seek to ally with communities most affected by climate change.
- We form working groups, study issues, and produce and promote events and campaigns we see no other local organization leading on.
- We partner with other local organizations and support city coalitions to demand action in the ten cities and by Ventura County agencies and entities.
- We meet when our leaders or partners want to organize an activity currently by zoom.
- We email local climate news in a monthly newsletter plus email action alerts and event reminders.
- We maintain a Facebook page and a tweeting @Ventura350.
Email [email protected] for information and to volunteer.