Keep carbon in the ground
- Revoke the social license of the fossil fuel industry
- Fight iconic battles against fossil fuel infrastructure
- Counter industry/government narratives
Help build a new, more equitable low-carbon economy
- Promote investment in community-based sustainability solutions
- Support communities confronting the impacts of climate change & building climate solutions for an economy free of fossil fuels
Pressure governments into limiting emissions
- Run local and national campaigns targeting leaders
- Capitalize on big regional and international events, like climate negotiations and economic summits
We Believe in Climate Justice
Climate change isn’t a distant, abstract problem — it’s here, today. People all over the world are feeling the impacts, from island nations that are going underwater, to indigenous land being exploited for fossil fuel extraction. The fight against climate change is a fight for justice.
That means listening to the communities who are getting hit the hardest, and following the leadership of those who are on the frontlines of the crisis.
We’re Stronger When We Collaborate
Climate change isn’t just an environmental issue, or a social justice issue, or an economic issue — it’s all of those at once. It’s one of the biggest challenges humanity has ever faced, and we’re going to have to work together to solve it.
That means bringing people together — not just environmentalists, but students, business owners, faith groups, labor unions, universities and more—and building diverse coalitions that are strong enough put pressure on governments and stand up to the fossil fuel industry.
Mass Mobilizations Make Change
By now, it’s obvious that world leaders are incapable of solving this problem on their own. We need to get out in the streets and make our voices heard — that’s how we demonstrate our power as a movement, and that’s how we force our governments to make the right decisions.