- SAVE THE EPA – Sign up and more info HERE for December 1st Day of Action “Schumer: Stand up for the EPA” – Congress will vote on the final budget Dec. 8—including an unprecedented 31 percent cut to the E.P.A (the largest cut to any agency) #SaveTheEPA.
- Support the NY State Campaign for 100% renewable energy by 2030. 100% RENEWABLE NOW NY CAMPAIGN – NY STATE LEGISLATION: Call your NY State legislators to ask them to sign on as co-sponsors to the NYS 100% by 2030 bill A05105 (Colton) / S05908 (Hoylman) Requires the establishment of a one hundred percent clean energy system by 2030. Assembly switchboard is 518 455-4100; Senate switchboard is 518 455-2800
- FEDERAL LEGISLATION for 100% by 2035: Call 877-292-7305 and urge your member of Congress to Support H.R.3671 Off Fossil Fuels for a Better Future Act 115th Congress (2017-2018) Rep. Gabbard, Tulsi [D-HI-2]
- Everyone, please call Scott Stringer repeatedly and urge him to divest our city’s pension funds from oil, gas and pipeline corporations and reinvest into clean energy and good, local, union jobs! CALL COMPTROLLER STRINGER AT 212-669-3916 @FossilFreeNYC
- Sign the Petition calling on the state and city Comptrollers to Divest NY pension funds from fossil fuels. #DIVESTNY
- Sign the petition HERE: http://bit.ly/williamspipeline More information on their Facebook page here
- Spectra Energy should not be permitted to begin construction on the 2nd part of its Algonquin Pipeline expansion called Atlantic Bridge because it does not have all of its necessary permits in place. #RESISTSPECTRA Sign the petition to Protest Approval for Spectra Pipeline, Docket #CP16-9-000
- Call Cuomo Every Monday! Urge Governor Andrew Cuomo to be a climate leader by opposing the Pilgrim Pipelines! CALL GOV CUOMO AT 866-846-4075
PERSONAL ACTIONS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
350NYC is mainly focused on political action aimed at getting New York OFF Fossil Fuels and ON to 100% renewable energy. However, we recognize that people have a need to align their personal practices and values with their political actions so these resources are provided to suggest some practical ways you can take personal action on climate. All these little changes taken together can have a profound effect by shifting our culture towards a more sustainable lifestyle.
Thank you to We Hate to Waste for an incredibly useful and highly recommended daily reminder of what it takes. Go to the We Hate to Waste web site for 60 useful actions you can take today.