Join us Thursday March 19th @ 7 – 9pm COUNTDOWN TO PARIS: UPDATE ON GLOBAL CLIMATE TREATY NEGOTIATIONS New York Society for Ethical Culture 2 West 64th St 1st floor Auditorium
In the six months since the People’s Climate March in NYC, UN negotiators have been working on proposals for the global climate treaty conference that will take place in Paris in December 2015. Please join 350NYC and the NY Society for Ethical Culture for an evening of discussion among climate leaders, including attendees at the preliminary talks in Lima and Geneva. Learn about the progress that has been made towards an effective global climate treaty, and the challenges that remain. Find out about plans for grassroots action in New York and across the country in the Countdown to Paris. Panelists:
- Sean Sweeney – Director, International Program on Labor, Climate & Environment at the Murphy Institute; Trade Unions for Energy Democracy,
- Tamar Lawrence-Samuel, Associate Research Director at Corporate Accountability International.
- Jeffrey Salim Waheed – Deputy Permanent Representative of Maldives to the United Nations
- Reinhard Krapp – Minister, Head of the Economic Department, Permanent Mission of Germany to the United Nations
- Helen Rosenthal – (Democrat) represents District 6 in the NYC City Council
Moderated by Clara Vondrich – Fenton Communications, Account Director, Climate & Energy
Hosted by 350NYC and New York Society for Ethical Culture.
Cosponsored by: 350NJ, Bronx Climate Justice North, Climate Justice @ Union Theological Seminary, Corporate Accountability International, Green Education and Legal Fund (GELF), Human Impacts Institute, Interfaith Moral Action on Climate (IMAC), Judson Memorial Church, Peace and Planet, Sane Energy Project, Sierra Club NYC Group, The Beloved Earth Community of Riverside Church, and WESPAC.
Tickets $5 available on Eventbrite countdown-paris.eventbrite.com or @ the door
Join the Facebook event for updates