Carbon Feed and Dividend (CF&D) is a process for pricing the costs of carbon to accelerate the switch to fresh, clean energy that doesn’t add greenhouse gases to our climate change challenges. This particular process, CF&D, is a solution supported by the Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL). Many folks interested in climate action have dual membership in 350.org and CCL. On June 23 & 24 2015, local, Iowa members of CCL traveled to Washington, D.C. to lobby their Members of Congress for CF&D. Over 800 volunteers fanned out over the House and Senate buildings to meet with their Members of Congress.
You can read more about CF&D … The Little Engine That Could: Revenue Neutral Carbon Fee and Dividend.
- Fee is charged for any carbon based fuel extracted from or imported to the United States.
- Fees are paid back monthly, directly to households in the U.S. 100% (no revenue is kept by the government).
- The monthly dividend checks to families help them cope with the cost of fossil fuels.
- If families cut back on the use of fuels like gasoline and coal, they can spend more of the check on their priorities.
- Countries that don’t charge a carbon fee pay a “border adjustment” on goods entering the U.S.