Last week’s verdict in Leonard Higgins’ trial reminded us yet again of the pervading darkness of climate denial during this season of increasing darkness. The word “climate” was not allowed to be uttered in the court room without objection. The profound sadness – for both Leonard and the planet – is palpable. So, where can we turn for comfort and support while facing the reality before us? We can look to our families, our communities and also within.
Dr. Jenny Gordon, 350 Eugene Leader and Jungian Psychoanalyst, has shared some incredibly helpful resources we’d like to pass on to you – books, websites, and speeches that acknowledge the sobering truth of climate chaos while providing concrete ways to support self-care and build resilience at the individual and community levels. A special thanks to Bob Doppelt for his amazing work in the area of Transformational Resilience; some of his work is listed here as well. We will continue to grow this list of resources, so stay tuned!
- Savage Grace: Living Resiliently in the Dark Night of the Globe by Andrew Harvey and Carolyn Baker (see attached pdf of the book; you can also order a published hard copy) Savage_Grace
- Facing Climate Change: An Integrated Path to the Future by Jeffrey T. Kiehl (Climate scientist & Jungian Analyst)
- Here is an interview with Dr. Kiehl: Click here
- Dr. Jenny Gordon_11_15_17_Preparing People for Climate Change
- Dr. Mary Wood_Keynote to Friends of Buford Park_11-6-17
- Bob Doppelt_Lane County Resilience Summit Presentation 6-6-17
- Mental Health and Our Changing Climate -Impacts, Implications, and Guidance _ Webinar_9-20-17
- Bob Doppelt “Major ‘cultural’ swerve on climate may be near” in the Register Guard – 11-30-17 Click here