350 Eugene is a 501(c)(3) local affiliate of 350.org, an organization dedicated to helping raise awareness of and organize direct action around institutions and policies driving climate change.
350 is the safe upper limit of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, measured in parts per million (ppm), above which the planet is in a state of climate crisis. We are currently at 405 ppm (Check here for updates to this figure.)
Since our formation as a chapter in January of 2014, we have been building a grassroots movement to advocate for rapidly moving off fossil fuels and harmful land use practices while transitioning to a clean energy economy and, in the process, transforming our world into a livable, joyful and just place.
Through symbols, art and creative actions, we help visualize both the problems and the solutions to climate change for our communities, the media, and our leaders. Creative ways of communicating often speak more directly to our hearts, and provide a beautiful reminder of what we strive to protect.
Please join us! We need you!
There are several ways to plug in:
- Attend our quarterly “Meet Ups” at First United Methodist Church (Check out “Join Our Upcoming Events” to the right side of this page)
Note: We don’t hold regular monthly meetings because of the many events with which we’re involved. However, we have several campaigns (e.g., Cap the Gases, Climate Recovery Ordinance) that do meet on a regular, monthly basis.
- Contact one of our campaign leads for more information. http://world.350.org/eugene/campaigns/
- Attend any one of our other events (e.g., rallies, City Council Public Forums, etc) under “Join Our Upcoming Events”
- Sign up to get our “350 Eugene News Blast” (On the right side of this home page; scroll down to “Get updates from 350 Eugene”)
- Contact us through our general email address: 350Eugene@gmail.com
- Follow 350 Eugene on Twitter
- Like our page at 350EUG on Facebook
- Follow Instagram at 350 Eugene
Meet the 350 Eugene Leadership Team