Volunteer with Chicago 350
We need volunteers to help further Chicago 350’s objectives of having the City of Chicago divest from fossil fuels and to promote the use of alternative energy sources. Listed below are available activities with varying levels of commitment.
Low Level Commitments
- Attend actions
- Assist in tabling at events
- Share info with Chicago 350 members regarding climate change and activism surrounding the issue
- Publicize events
- Inform Chicago 350 about events or locations for us to table or educate groups about climate change
- Share ideas with Chicago 350 about mitigation strategies for our group to tackle on a local basis
- Attend Happy Hours to learn more about divestment
Mid Level Commitments
- Organize an action
- Attend regular Chicago 350 monthly meetings
- Organize a tabling event for Chicago 350 to collect signatures on postcards aimed at Chicago Aldermen
- Attend a meeting with an alderman
- Speak about Chicago 350 and climate change as requested
- Write blog posts for Chicago 350 website or Facebook page
- Host an educational movie night for recruitment and education purposes at a library, community center, public spare or home, showing films regarding climate change
High Level Commitments
- Lead recruitment.
- Lead coalition building with potential Environment and Social Justice organizations
- Plan meetings with aldermen.
- Plan engagements with other NGO’s such as film screenings, marches, actions et. al.
- Fund raising (think about methods to raise funds)
- Work on 501C3 status and/or developing a relationship with an outside NGO to sponsor fundraising “bank”
- Assist in strategizing with Chicago350 membership to achieve goals in divestment campaign