Our monthly meetings are held the third Tuesday of each month at Scholz Garten. Children are welcome.
We gather at 6:30 to eat and visit. The meeting will be called to order promptly at 7 p.m. and adjourned at 8:30 p.m.
Our February meeting is on Tuesday, 2/21 at 6:30 p.m.
Rachel Piotrzkowski will be sharing with us insights she has gained in her work as a legislative aide to House Rep Nicole Collier. Rachel’s talk, entitled “Overview of Texas legislative process and how to get involved”, will be followed by opportunities for discussion and questions.
The second half of the meeting will be devoted to building relationships while working together. Several teams will meet to work on projects:
- The People’s Climate Mobilization
- Occupy the Capitol as a way to influence legislation
- UT’s Climate Change Action Committee
- Divestment and Targeted Boycotts
- Share ideas for other projects.